Vegan Dragon Fruit Tacos
Introducing Vegan Dragon Fruit Tacos. This four (4) part recipe was created by Stephanie Cortes, that took a classic savory taco recipe and gave it a healthy upgrade. Lite, colorful and refreshingly delicious is what you’re going to get with every bite. So go grab a few items from the store and try these today! Oh and remember, this recipe serves 12 so bring your appetite: )
Prep 20 min | Cook 15 min
- 2 cups masa harina (Bob’s Red Mill was used for these)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups warm water
- 1 packet of dragon fruit smoothie packs
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 mushrooms (good for 12 tacos)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Minced garlic (Season to your liking)
- Cumin (STYL)
- Salt (STYL)
- Freshly ground peppercorn (STYL)
- Chili powder (STYL)
- 1 bag of our dragon fruit cubes thawed or 1 fresh dragon fruit cubed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, minced
- 3/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon of lime zest
- 3/4 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground peppercorn (Season to your liking)
- 1 cup raw cashews, presoaked
- 1 jalapeño, seeded or unseeded
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon peppercorn, freshly ground
- Mix all the ingredients except for the thawed dragon fruit in a large bowl with a whisk.
- When the whisk stops being effective, hand roll the masa until you get a nice doughy consistency.
- Then pour thawed dragon fruit packet and mix into the dough until evenly pink.
- Make a dozen golf sized masa balls and press them using a roller or tortilla press.
- Heat them on a non-stick pan or skillet.
- Dice mushrooms into small pieces.
- Stir all ingredients together until mushrooms are evenly seasoned.
- Cook marinade mushrooms on frying pan for 8-10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix until desired consistency.
- Put ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- This crema is good refrigerated for up to two (2) weeks!
- Once you have all the ingredients prepared. Start with the Pink Tortillas.
- Then start cooking the Mushrooms.
- The Dragon Fruit Salsa and Crema don't take long to create.
ABOUT THE CHEF: "I’m Stephanie, originally from Mexico and raised under the Southern California sunshine! During my college years, I developed gut issues due to stress and subsequently began to shift my perspective about food to a more holistic one. I created Sunkissed Palate to share delicious recipes, keeping the idea that food is medicine top of mind. I want my recipes to help improve people’s relationship with food in a fun way, while also improving the wellbeing of mind and body. I believe in the power of plants, whole foods, and homemade meals. At sunkissedpalate.com, you’ll find recipes that are always lactose free and refined sugar free, and mostly gluten free and plant based!"
Follow Stephanie on Instagram @sunkissedpalate
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.