Pitaya Gelée Panna Cotta
One of our amazing fans sent us this Pitaya recipe. We almost ran when we saw added sugar and heavy cream. But reading through the entire recipe, we knew we had to try it and indulge:) No matter where you dip your spoon, you're in for a mouthwatering taste that is truly worth trying. This recipe is a little tricky so beginners be brave, intermediate to advanced chefs be humble, and above all, we hope everyone enjoys:) Thank you so much Judy for letting us share your beautiful recipe. Bon Appétit!
Yield: About 2 1/2 cups
Pitaya Gelée Layer
- 1 Pitaya Smoothie Pack or 1 cup of Pitaya Cubes
- 1/2 tbsp (7gr) powdered Gelatin
- 1 large Banana
- 2 tbsp superfine Sugar or equivalent Stevia powder
Panna Cotta Layer
- 2 cups Coconut Milk (regular or light)
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Bean (split and seeded)
- 1 tbsp unflavored Gelatin
First: Panna Cotta Layer
- In a saucepan, bring coconut milk, cream, sugar, vanilla bean and seeds to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, cover and allow vanilla to steep while preparing gelatin.
- Fill a small bowl with ¼ cup cold water; sprinkle gelatin over water and allow it to bloom 10 minutes.
- Strain coconut mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a medium-sized bowl and discard solids.
- Add gelatin to coconut mixture; whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Strain mixture again into a clean, pourable container.
- Place each serving glass on an angle in slot of an egg carton on a sheet pan.* Carefully pour panna cotta into serving glasses filling three-quarters full. Transfer sheet pan to refrigerator to set. While panna cotta is setting up, prepare the pitaya gelée.
- *If preferred, you can pour panna cotta into serving dishes straight up for a layered effect instead of angled.
Second: Pitaya Gelée Layer
- In medium-sized bowl stir together gelatin and ¼ cup boiling water until gelatin is dissolved.
- Blend pitaya pack, banana, sugar, and 1 cup water until smooth. Add more water to make 2 cups puree.
- Add pitaya mixture to dissolved gelatin; stir until well combined.
Finish the Parfaits
- Remove panna cotta from refrigerator and add pitaya mixture to top of each dish.
- Return to refrigerator and chill until set, at least 2 hours.
- Take out and enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.