Jalapeno Dragon Fruit Margarita
Sweet and spice make's everything nice! With the help of one of our favorite Chefs, Gabrielle St. Claire, we are proud to present you her take on what a Pitaya Margarita should taste like - sweet n' spicy! Enjoy your happy hour with these cocktails and learn more about Gabrielle below.Yield: 4 DRINKS || Prep time: 10 minutes || Total time: 10 minutes
- Combine dragon fruit, watermelon and lime juice in a blender. Blend until mix is smooth.
- Pour mix through a cheese cloth or sieve to remove pulp into a bowl.
- Combine strained mix with tequila, agave, jalapeño, and limes. Put mix in the fridge to chill.
- Combine sugar and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Dip the rim of each glass in the dragonfruit mixture and then into the sugar/cayenne mix.
- Add ice, fill with the dragonfruit/watermelon mixture and garnish with a slice of watermelon!
NOTE: For an alcohol-free beverage, substitute the Tequila with extra cubed watermelon : )
ABOUT THE CHEF: "My Name is Gabrielle and I’m the founder & creator of Eatdrinkshrink.com. I established this website in late 2012 to share my experience and knowledge as I pursue a career as a holistic nutritionist and chef in New York City. I currently hold a BS in Clinical Nutrition from NYU and an MS in Nutrition & Health Sciences from Brooklyn College.
In my personal time I work with the Coalition For Healthy School Food.. As a Junior Council Member I continue to share our ongoing mission to promote plant based foods in public schools throughout New York."
Follow Gabrielle on Instagram @Eat.Drink.Shrink