Dragon Fruit Marshmallow Popcorn
We took a theater snack favorite and turned it into a treat you’ll enjoy well beyond the movie. This recipe is easy to make and absolutely delicious. So snuggle up near a fire, turn on a movie or bag this up for a party and enjoy every bite.Yield: 4 SERVINGS || Prep time: 5 minutes || Total time: 10 minutes
- 2-3 tbsp Pitaya Smoothie Pack (defrosted)
- 10 cups Air Popped Popcorn
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter
- 3 cups Vegan Mini Marshmallows
- 4-5 tbsp Multi Colored Halloween Sprinkles (optional)
- Pop the popcorn and remove any unpopped kernels.
- In a large bowl melt the vegan butter and marshmallows. Microwave until melted and mix together (30-45 second intervals).
- Add the defrosted Pitaya Plus to marshmallow / butter mix. Microwave for one minute at a time and stir in between each time until fully melted.
- In a large bowl, pour the mixture over the popcorn, and stir to coat evenly.
- Top the popcorn mix with sprinkles while the mixture is still wet.
- Layout to cool and firm up. Break up any clumps with your hands.
- Turn on the fireplace, pop in a movie or bag up for the party and enjoy!
ABOUT THE CHEF: "My Name is Gabrielle and I’m the founder & creator of Eatdrinkshrink.com. I established this website in late 2012 to share my experience and knowledge as I pursue a career as a holistic nutritionist and chef in New York City. I currently hold a BS in Clinical Nutrition from NYU and an MS in Nutrition & Health Sciences from Brooklyn College.
In my personal time I work with the Coalition For Healthy School Food.. As a Junior Council Member I continue to share our ongoing mission to promote plant-based foods in public schools throughout New York."
Follow Gabrielle on Instagram @Eat.Drink.Shrink