Avocado Truffle Recipe
Swap the saturated-fat-and-sugar-loaded traditional chocolate treats for a recipe that's not just just made from the heart, but good for the heart. By replacing saturated fats with monounsaturated fats and reducing sugar, you're improving blood cholesterol levels and reducing your blood pressure. Now that's a recipe worth taking a bite out of. So take one and let us know how you like it.
- 1/2 cup Avocado pieces
- 1/2 Dark Chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extra
- Pinch of Sea salt
- 2 tbsp Cocao powder
- Measure out avocado pieces from the freezer and let sit out for 30 minutes to 1 hour to come to room temperature.
- Add avocado, vanilla and small pinch of sea salt to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Place dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and then microwave in 20 second intervals until melted. Stir in-between each interval.
- Pour melted chocolate in the food processor with the avocado mixture. Pulse until completely combined and lump-free.
- Place mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Scoop about 1/2 Tbsp of mixture and roll into a 1-inch ball with your hands.
- Fill a small bowl with the cocoa powder and roll each truffle in the powder until completely covered.
- Place on parchment paper and store in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.